Volunteer Home Support

Learn How To Become A Volunteer

Volunteer Home Support are here to help.

Through the CSHP program, we can provide a range of support services to people living in the Shires of Cockburn, Melville, Fremantle, Kwinana, and Rockingham areas.  As an approved not-for-profit organisation our focus is on the person not a return on investment.

Looking After Your Future

Volunteer Home Support is a support organisation dedicated to the provision of genuine quality services to assist the frail aged to continue enjoying their quality of life in their own home.

If you or your partner, a neighbour or a friend believes that you need in-home care services then we should be your first point of contact. Our friendly and skilled team can assist you by putting you in touch with the relevant government department or website which can save you hours of your valuable time.

If you are someone that is being assessed or has been assessed it is important to be aware that you have the right to choose which provider you would like to receive your services from. Factors that may affect this can be the availability of specific organisations.

We provide quality services to help support your individual needs and encourage positive ageing and wellbeing whilst enabling you to remain at home. All staff and volunteers are police cleared.

There is a small fee for service paid at the time of service. In the event, you are unable to manage your money a monthly account can be arranged by contacting our Client Liaison Officer.

Home Maintenance

When you need support with gardening and minor home repairs.

Transport Services

Need help getting to and from the shops or social events? We can help.

Domestic Assistance

Helping you keep your home clean & tidy with vacumming & more.

Social Support

Keeping you connected to friends and community

Am I Eligible For Volunteer Home Support?

Services are available to the elderly over 65 and their carers or individuals over 50 years who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people. You need to live in the Local Government Areas of Cockburn, Fremantle, Melville, Kwinana, Rockingham or the Town of East Fremantle.

 Eligibility is considered based on your need for assistance with everyday tasks.

Your eligibility for a Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funded service is first determined by an assessor who is independent of Volunteer Home Support. They will meet with you and look at your whole circumstances. They may even recommend services in addition to those we provide at Volunteer Home Support. Based on your needs and your choices they can refer you to a range of organizations for various types of assistance.

If you have never received a CHSP service before, you (or any person on your behalf) can call My Aged Care 1800 200 422. Alternatively, you can register online for an assessment with My Aged Care.